The GameCycle: So Much More than Just Upper Body Exercise
Get the excitement of playing Nintendo GameCube racing games while getting a great upper body workout!
- Speed is controlled by turning the arm cranks, and steering is controlled by tilting the cranks left and right.
- Adjustable resistance, hand grips, and height settings lets you customize your workout!
The GameCycle Features:
- A user-friendly touch screen interface.
- Cranking can be easily set to be in-line (non-reciprocal) or not in-line (reciprocal).
- Crank lengths that can be quickly adjusted to match the needs of the user.
- A side to side tilt feature for steering (for gameplay) that can be turned off to mimic a standard arm-ergometer.
- Height of the GameCycle can be adjusted so the person can be sitting or standing.
- The GameCycle was recently named a "Best Pick" in Mobility Management's May, 2011 cover story "ATP/Clinician Best Picks in Seating & Mobility Technology."
- Webcast on Upperbody Exercise and the GameCycle.
- Shriners Hospital for Children (PA) Newsletter.
Why the GameCycle?
The development of the GameCycle was funded by two grants from the National Institutes of Health. Why? Because there is a clear demand for an environment in which everyone - people of all abilities - are able and motivated to exercise. The GameCycle meets that demand by putting the fun back in fitness.
Having fun during rehab and while you exercise means you will exercise more. The gaming challenge of the GameCycle encourages exercise and facilitates adherence to rehabilitation and exercise regimens in the clinic or at home. You can read more about this in an article about the GameCycle in Advance Magazine (November, 2006).
Therapeutic Exercise Benefits
When exercise becomes as addictive as gaming, the benefits are comprehensive:
- Better Endurance/Cardiovascular Fitness
- Strength Training
- Improved Range of Motion
- Increased Core Stability
These benefits result in improved functioning in activities of daily living, increased self-esteem, and improved rehabilitation outcomes. And, your patients are having fun at the same time.
Neuro Rehab Benefits
Because GameCycle users match upper extremity movement to visual feedback from the videogame and because both arms must work in unison to control the game, there are a variety of neuromuscular reeducation and neuro rehab benefits including:
- Addressing Strength Asymmetries
- Bilateral Integration
- Visual-Motor Integration
- Coordination and Balance
The GameCycle is used by children, adults, and seniors. In the clinic, the GameCycle is used by people who have experienced stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, spina bifida, cerebral palsy, and other neurological disorders or diseases of the spine. Learn more about GameCycle Fitness in other settings such as schools, YMCAs, fitness centers, and retirement communities.
Ask for a Demonstration Today!
Experience the excitement and see if the GameCycle is right for you and your clinic, school, fitness center, or retirement community. E-mail us at CustomerCare@Out-Front.com or give us a call at 480-833-1834 today to learn more!